Air France will reimburse the entirety of your 2nd seat fare if there are unoccupied seats in your cabin.
* For flights on Air France aircraft and with Air France crew.
- 40 to 45cm (16-17 inches) in Economy and Premium Economy* cabins, corresponding to a maximum waist measurement of around 135cm (53 inches);
- 47 to 48cm (18.5 inches) in Business* and Premium Economy** cabins, corresponding to a maximum waist measurement of 150cm (59 inches);
- 50 to 53 cm (20-21 inches) in La Première / First and Business** cabins, corresponding to a maximum waist measurement of 200cm (79 inches).
We recommend you book a 2nd seat if your waist measurement is higher than those listed above. You will then be guaranteed an empty seat next to yours, for your comfort and safety.
* Europe, North Africa (except Algiers), Israel
It is not possible to book online 2 seats for the same person.
A 25% fare reduction will be applied toward the 2nd seat booking.
Air France will reimburse the entirety of your 2nd seat fare if there is at least 1 free seat available in the Economy cabin. Simply request a refund through the customer service department in your country of residence.
In the interest of safety, if the flight is full and you have not reserved an additional seat, you may not be allowed to board if your build does not permit you to sit comfortably in a single seat.
* The 2nd seat is offered tax-free and with a 25% reduction on the passenger's initial seat fare.
Please note: no extra baggage is granted upon purchase of a 2nd seat.
In order to obtain your refund, you can choose to:
- fill out an online request, available in the “Contact us” section of our website, detailing the flight number, date and your ticket number;
- send a request by mail, along with your boarding passes.